Blackpool and The Fylde College will continue to:
- Empower our employees and students to be themselves; embrace uniqueness, respect difference and build confidence.
- Place the Student Voice at the heart of all we do, working with student partners to close identified gaps
- Demonstrate a clear development of EDI in our inclusive learning teaching and assessment practices and use data to inform actions that close evidenced or predicted gaps
- Work within our communities to be a leader in the area of inclusion and accessibility to advance the equality of opportunity and fair access for all.
- Maintain a zero tolerance of hate crime and discrimination on any grounds, and support external organisations in their efforts to eliminate it.
Key Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) objectives
- To continue to develop, promote and exceed the statutory requirements of a fully inclusive, physically and digitally accessible College for employees and students, targeting and encouraging potentially disadvantaged or under-represented groups.
- Continue to enable anticipatory or timely and effective measures to be put in place to address potential or evidenced inequalities, performance gaps, or unfairness. B&FC will seek to bridge actual and potential gaps in individual and group performance as part of our vision and as part of our commitment to the targets set by The Office for Students’ Access and Participation Plan.
- To continue to assess the impact of any new way of working, policy, process, acquisition or program, and anticipate any risk of disadvantage or prejudice to any current or prospective students or employee. B&FC will seek to mitigate risk as far as possible by putting measures and positive actions in place to ensure we do not intentionally or unintentionally disadvantage any actual or potential students or employee.
- To continue to ensure Equality Diversity, Inclusion and British Values are fully and explicitly embedded within the culture of B&FC. To ensure that appropriate strategies, processes, publications, and professional development activities are in place so that all employees are able promote a positive ethos of Equality, Diversity and Inclusive practice.