B&FC is committed to equality, diversity and wellbeing in all its activities for everyone who learns and works here. We respect and value differences in race and ethnic origin, gender, disability, mental health, sexual orientation, age, religion and belief, additional learning, economic and social background.
Demonstrating our commitment
- Student involvement - Our students are actively represented on our Equality, Diversity and Wellbeing Committee. The representatives are responsible for ensuring the College meets its obligations under The Equality Act 2010.
- Support for students - Our experienced and friendly Student Support and Wellbeing team are dedicated to ensuring all our students have a positive learning experience. Find out about the wide range of support available.
- AccessAble - Our Estates team are passionate about ensuring our campuses are accessible to all. Detailed information and guidance about disabled access at all our campuses can be found on the AccessAble website.
- Positive about Disabled People - We have been awarded the Disability Two Ticks Symbol by Jobcentre Plus. The symbol identifies those employers who have agreed to meet five commitments regarding the recruitment, employment, retention and career development of disabled people.
- British values - We strive to ensure our students develop a strong sense of social and moral responsibility by promoting the British values of democracy, individual liberty, the rule of law and mutual respect and tolerance.
Find out more
Learn more about B&FC’s commitment to equality, diversity and wellbeing by viewing the following statements and policies or by emailing us for further information.