Nail Services - Apprenticeship
Course Code: WH00008
Study level: Apprenticeship
Next available course:
On the Intermediate Level apprenticeship, you’ll provide a limited range of services to clients as well as assisting and supporting more senior nail technicians in more advanced nail services. You’ll carry out a range of tasks including manicures and pedicures, gel polish, basic nail art, nail repairs and natural nail enhancements.
Working as a nail technician requires social skills as well as technical ones – you’ll need to enjoy working with people in addition to managing appointments, creating new designs, and following strict health and safety procedures.
You will be expected to have:
- Appropriate personal presentation including clothing, hair and personal hygiene. Practical, organisational and social skills.
- Attention to detail and cleanliness.
- A good sense of humour/amicable nature and communication skills whether dealing face to face with clients or speaking on the telephone.
- Willingness to work flexible hours/days as agreed in the employment contract.
- A high degree of dexterity and coordination.
Teaching and Learning Methods
A variety of teaching methods including, one to one support in the work place.
• Reflected accounts
• practical observations will cover the majority of assessments during the course
Industry Placement and Field Trips
Other Costs and Equipment Needed
All staff involved in the delivery of any courses within the College are approved to teach and/or assess the subjects and modules they deliver. The approval process ensures that staff delivering and/or assessing a given programme are appropriately qualified, with relevant technical and industrial experience and professional practice.
Read our tuition fees guide.