Transforming lives developing futures - The Gateway Campus
The Gateway Campus is a small facility, staffed by experts, where we prepare and support young people to progress into life and work.
Talented and dedicated staff
Our team of highly educated and experienced staff are all experts in their particular specialism and passionate about supporting individuals to realise their potential.
Learning, teaching and assessment key features
- entry level/level 1 courses available in Automotive, Hair and Beauty, Catering, Childcare, Computing, Art, Performing Arts, Business, Sports, Construction
- Life skills for entry 1 and entry 2 levels
- interactive curriculum
- work experience
- bespoke curriculum
- personalised timetables
- maths and English
- employability skills
- excellent progression with positive outcomes
Our dedicated campus offers a safe, supportive and aspirational environment where students can thrive.
A vast range of specialist learning support ensures all students can confidently achieve their learning goals and includes:
- meet and greet
- speech and language therapy
- sensory provision
- autism specialism
The following activities are central to campus life and support confidence building along with the development of social and life skills.
- youth club
- educational visits
- football team (national champions 3 years running)
- resilience through Ted TALK
- boxing therapy
- #thisgirlcan campaign
- yoga and mindfulness
- FREE breakfast club
- ‘student of the week’ reward
- Fusion lunch club
We proudly deliver the Prince’s Trust Achieve programme, designed to support young people who are at risk of underachieving at school or college to engage with and succeed in education.
We work with the following organisations to support students’ personal development:
- National Citizen Service (NCS)
- AoC Sport Pan Ability Football Team
- Blackpool FC Community Trust Women & Girls Programme
“Outstanding academic and pastoral support enables learners to make excellent progress in developing personal and work-related skills.”
“They’re so supportive and are always there to help you – they’ve given me hope about my life and my career.”
Gateway Campus Student of the Year 2017 Roshen Nileesha De Vesar has now progressed to B&FC’s Level 2 Motor Vehicle and is now planning to continue through to degree level.