External examining is an integral and essential part of institutional quality assurance, maintaining academic standards in our College and providing an independent view of the assessment process.
The guidance document below sets out an indicative framework for programme teams and external examiners to help ensure that the College’s quality processes are open and robust with regard to the expectations around support, contact with and the visits from external representatives.
- Guidance on communication and visits
- External Examiner report response process
- Committee Handbook
- B&FC Learning, Teaching and Assessment Strategy
- Board of Examiners Dates 2017/18 (times to be confirmed in agendas by programme teams) - this document is subject to change, please contact the programme team if you have any queries
- University of Salford Regulations
- Liverpool John Moores University Regulations
- Lancaster University Regulations
Below is a link to the HEA handbook designed for use by all external examiners and is of particular interest to new external examiners or those examiners who need to be more familiar with academic institutions and their practices. The handbook primarily concerns external examining of taught programmes at foundation, undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
If you have any questions regarding external examining at Blackpool & The Fylde College please contact the HE Academic Registrar.
- Direct line: 01253 504459
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org