Right from the start, our friendly staff and advisers provide expert information, advice and guidance to give you the best learning experience possible.
Students aged 16-18 don't pay course fees. And you may be entitled to the following financial and wellbeing support:
- FREE lunch*
- FREE 24/7 Blackpool Transport travel pass*
- FREE circular bus service linking Bispham Campus with Poulton-le Fylde
- FREE healthy breakfast every morning at College
- Help with accommodation costs (if you need to move away to study)*
- Help with childcare costs*
- A Vulnerable Bursary of up to £1,200, and FREE meals, if you’re in care or receiving certain benefits*
- Specialist learning support if you have a disability or learning/mental health difficulty (also available remotely)
- Personal Progress Tutor to provide ongoing support
- Low-cost membership of our Inspirations gym
- Low-cost hair and beauty treatments
- Confidential counselling
- FREE careers service
* Eligibility is based on household income – read our Financial Support Policy 2020-21.
Further details on our 16-19 Tuition Fund can be found in our Tuition Fund Statement 2021-22.
Read our Bursary Leaflet 2020-21 for more details.
How to apply
You need to apply for financial support (including the free lunch, travel pass, help with accommodation and the Vulnerable Bursary) as soon as you can before your course starts. Please use our 16-18 Financial Support Application Form.
If you have any questions about financial support, please email SSFunds@blackpool.ac.uk.
Applying for help with childcare costs
The Care to Learn scheme can help with childcare costs while you study.
If you are an EU/EEA citizen you will need to bring evidence of your settled / pre-settled status with you to enrol. At enrolment you can provide us with your share code or evidence of the outcome of your application for the EU Settlement Scheme.
Non EU/EAA Citizens
You will need to bring your passport and current visa with you when you enrol.
16-19 B&FC Student Travel Pass
As a B&FC student, you can purchase a discounted 30 Day Student Ticket on the Blackpool Transport website or mobile app, at the reduced rate of £42.
Simply select the 30 Day Student Ticket within the College Students section and enter the discount code COL21 at checkout.
Please note: The discount code will ONLY work when used with a valid ‘@blackpool.ac.uk’ email address in order to do this, you must sign-up with your college email address. You will then be sent an email to verify your account before the code will be accepted.
Our advisers are here to help with all aspects of funding.