If you’re aged 16-18 and doing a full-time course, the following financial support will help you to stretch your budget further.
- FREE lunch*
- FREE 24/7 Blackpool Transport travel pass*
- 30% discount - a £170 annual saving - on a 24/7 Blackpool Transport travel pass (if you're not eligible for the free pass)
- FREE circular bus service linking our Bispham Campus to Poulton-le Fylde
- FREE healthy breakfast every morning while you’re at College
- Help with accommodation costs (if you need to move away to study)*
- Help with childcare costs if needed*
- Up to £1200 Guaranteed Bursary and FREE meals if you’re in care or receiving certain benefits*
Applying for financial support:
You need to apply for financial support (including the free lunch, travel pass, help with accommodation and the Guaranteed Bursary) as soon as you can before your course starts. Application forms will be available soon. If you have any questions about financial support, please email SSFunds@blackpool.ac.uk.
Applying for help with childcare costs:
*Eligibility is based on household income – read our 16-19 Financial Support Policy 2019-20 for details.
If you’re aged between 16 and 18 you don’t have to pay any course fees.
Student case study:
"My free travel pass has made such a big difference"
Eighteen-year-old Josh Nelson is loving the Level 3 Media course, which he feels has helped to unlock his creativity.
He’s also loving his free Blackpool Transport travel pass.
“I didn’t even know I could get one,” Josh explains, “but when I was enrolling the College staff asked me how I was planning on getting here and it just went from there. It was really easy to apply and it’s made such a big difference – it’s helped me to get to places a lot easier and I can use it during the holidays too.”
B&FC student Josh Nelson
Our advisers are here to help with all aspects of funding.
Contact us on T: 01253 504343 or E firstname.lastname@example.org or come and see us in person at the Careers Zone (Bispham Campus or University Centre).