Beverley’s career began in hospitality management, where she developed expertise in the areas of licensed retail management and hotel management. She later returned to education to study business law, which enabled her to work in programme management as well as in the workroom.
Over the course of her career, Beverley has worked for several higher education institutions in the UK and in industry abroad. Her lifelong research interest is national culture and its impact on employee engagement.
• strategic human resource management
• international cultural perspectives
• cultural diversity in tourism
Courses I Teach
Qualifications and Accolades
• Masters’ in Business Administration (MBA)
• PG Certificate Student Support and Guidance
• PG Certificate Education
• LLB (Hons) Business Law
• HCIMA Hospitality Management
• Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
My industry experience includes licensed retail management and hotel management. I have also worked abroad for the British Council in the area of executive education.
• networking with hospitality, events and tourism professionals
• returning to industry for updating each year
Our students come from a widening participation background. Helping them to recognise and then achieve their potential is what motivates me. Colleagues have the same approach and the sense of teamwork and purpose is the best I have known anywhere.
“Never give up.”