Curriculum Manager Engineering
Candice received a first class BEng (Hons) in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Bolton in 1994 and an MPhil in Engineering (Composite Materials) from the University of Manchester in 1999.
She was a senior lecturer in engineering at the University of Bolton and has teaching experience within both further education (FE) and higher education (HE). She has worked in the aerospace and automotive sectors as both an engineer and project manager.
Candice’s research interests involve investigating the educational application of HE within FE, engineering teaching and learning, and the impact of transitioning from FE to HE. She is also actively involved in the design and delivery of undergraduate degree apprenticeship programmes.
Candice is a Chartered Engineer, a Member of the Institute of Engineering and Technology, and a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy.
• mechanical engineering
• degree apprenticeships
Courses I Teach
Qualifications and Accolades
• CEng – Chartered Engineering Status
• MIET – Member Institute of Engineering and Technology
• FHEA – Fellow Higher Education Academy
• MPhil Engineering (University of Manchester)
• BEng (Hons) Mechanical Engineering (University of Bolton)
• PGCE – Post Graduate Certificate of Education (UCLAN)
• Aerospace engineering - Systems Engineer at BAE Systems (Warton) and also Project Manager for Typhoon Capability Management
• Motor vehicle engineering - Mechanic and MOT Tester
Currently undertaking an Educational Doctorate (EdD) in Educational Transition within Undergraduate Engineering.
B&FC is an excellent place to study with a variety of programmes and progression routes from FE through to HE.
“In learning you will teach and in teaching you will learn.” - Phil Collins