Senior Tutor Scholarship and Research
Himself a B&FC graduate, Christopher has first-hand experience of both the student and faculty experience within the College. He is the Higher Education Senior Tutor for Computing & Digital Technologies and has been involved in promoting online learning development opportunities, undergraduate conference participation and managing the dissertation processes within the curriculum area.
Christopher has a passion for emerging and evolving technologies, which he brings to the workroom wherever possible. He has been heavily involved in curriculum revalidation projects and has also written units for the Software Engineering (Game Development), Software Engineering (App Development), and Web Technologies & Digital Media foundation and honours degrees.
In September 2016, Christopher graduated from UCLan with a Master’s Degree in Interaction Design (with Distinction): his research focused on the emergence of video game based interactive visual media, and the method by which the experience of the viewer (or secondary player) can be improved using a bespoke framework.
In recent years, Christopher has worked closely with Brian House Children’s Hospice, assisting the charity in building its social media profile to help raise awareness and funding. He has also delivered social media best practice presentations within the College as well as to local businesses, alongside increasing the visibility of the dissertations of Computing & Digital Technologies students through national presentation.
- interaction design
- user experience design
- human computer interaction
- user-centred design
- social media marketing
- website design and development
- games design and narrative
- video post-production
Courses I Teach
- Digital Production, Design and Development - T Level
- Software Engineering (App Development) - Foundation Degree
- Software Engineering (Game Development) - Foundation Degree
- Web Technologies and Digital Media - Foundation Degree
- Web Technologies and Digital Media - BSc Hons Degree - Topup
- Computing - HNC
- Software Engineering (Game Development) - BSc Hons Degree - Topup
- Software Engineering (App Development) - BSc Hons Degree - Topup
- Computer Science and Digital Technologies - Foundation Degree
- Computer Science and Digital Technologies - BSc Hons Degree - Topup
Qualifications and Accolades
- Master’s Degree in Interaction Design [with Distinction]
- BSc (Hons) Internet Media Technologies
- Developed web presences for local industry
- Designed digital and print branding for local companies
- Involved in social media marketing for charities across the North West
- Event organisation for Computing at B&FC
- Member of the British Computer Society
- Dissertation Co-ordinator for Computing & Digital Technologies
B&FC is a place where everyone feels safe and re-assured, with staff facilitating a wonderful working and learning environment for all who are part of the College. It’s a place where everyone feels accepted and challenged to achieve far beyond their expectations.
Sometimes glass glitters more than diamonds because it has more to prove. – Terry Pratchett (The Truth)