I have always been passionate about games, ever since my mother bought me a Commodore! After that it escalated to the Nintendo, on which many hours were spent playing some now classic games, such as Mario, Kickle Cubicle and Streetfighter. It didn’t stop there either.
With always wanting to teach from such a young age, I never thought I would be putting a passion for gaming together with teaching! After completing my degree with B&FC, I began a placement within the Computing Department as part of my teacher training. The transition from student to being sat in the staff room was daunting. I need not have feared: the welcome and help I got from the staff was all the encouragement I needed and reinforced my dream of teaching.
After completing my master’s, I found a passion for character design and ensuring my skills keep up-to-date with ever-evolving technology and software.
- Entrepreneurial Management and Project Control – level 6
- Native Mobile App Development (For both Android and iOS) – level 6
- Business Information Systems – level 6
- Animation (Adobe Animate) – level 6
- Two Dimensional Graphics Design (Photoshop and Illustrator) – level 7
- Creating Three Dimensional Graphics – level 6
- Critical Analysis – level 7
- Games Design – level 7
- Programming (C Plus Plus and C Sharp) – level 6
Courses I Teach
- Software Development (App Development) - BSc Hons Degree - Topup
- Software Development (Game Development) - BSc Hons Degree - Topup
- Software Engineering (App Development) - Foundation Degree
- Software Engineering (Games Development) - Foundation Degree
- Web Technologies and Digital Media - Foundation Degree
- Web Technologies and Digital Media - BSc Hons Degree - Topup
- Computing - HNC
- Computing - Level 3 Combined Diploma
- Computing (Computer Technologies) - Level 2
Qualifications and Accolades
- MA Games Design
- Software Engineering and Game Development Hons
- Level 3 English Teaching and Learning
IT Services at Blackpool and The Fylde College – updating systems and technology
Animation Studio – ensuring the curriculum aligns with the requirements of industry standards.
Supported students in BCUR with dissertation presentations.
Contributions to the Computer Science & Digital Technologies foundation and honours degrees: contributing modular content for Developing Information Systems in line with current research.
No matter your circumstances, Blackpool and The Fylde College is there to assist you in your goals. I am proud to be part of the team that helped me to achieve mine.
Never give up on your dreams.